- Twenty-five years in IT management in higher education
- Ph. D. with 5 years faculty experience
- CIO nine years
- Consortium IT projects management five years
- Five interim CIO and Library Director positions
- More than 30 consulting engagements
- Assessment consulting
- Project management
- Interim positions: CIO, Library Director, Director of Instructional Technology or Administrative Technology
- Writing: strategic plans, accreditation self-study chapters
- How can I help you?
Current projects, with start dates listed — I’ll be glad to tell you about these
- December 2012 — Assessment and planning: Assisting a university in Rhode Island to revise web content management governance, processes, and systems/software.
- September 2012 — Project management:Implementation of changes in IT governance and services for a college in New York.
- January 2012 — Project management for warehouse and next-generation reporting tools and methodology in support of student data analytics.
- October 2011: “Fellow” at National Institute for Technology in Liberal Education (NITLE), with focus on assisting in development of shared practices in supporting IT innovation among member institutions.
Recent projects — and about these, too
- Assessment, planning, recruiting and interim IT service to aid CIO transition at a college in Virginia
- IT assessment and planning for CIO transition at a college in Indiana.
- Workshop on innovations in technology for liberal education at a college in Wisconsin
- Decision-support consulting on Novell/Groupwise to Gamail/Google Apps at a college in Massachusetts
- ERP support improvements: general consultation followed by 10 implementation steps at a college in Connecticut
- Interim Director of Administrative Technology Services at a college in Massachusetts
“Happy IT organizations are all alike; every unhappy IT outfit is unhappy in its own way.” –after Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina